Tuesday 1 May 2012

3D ITV Logo








I created a three dimensional ITV logo today, although its giving myself more work, it will keep the whole 3D look going rather than using a JPEG.

To make this, In Cinema 4D I made 2 shapes to match the green bars using cube tool, which I then filleted to give the rounded edge. The larger of the two shapes then needed to be made editable and I applied a green car paint to both to give them a sheen, then I had to recreate the 2D logo in vector form in Illustrator, and using this as a texture in Cinema, applying it to the front facing polygon of the larger cube. The 2 was created using the MoText tool and a brushed stainless steel material was applied.



Here are some rendered images of my logo (Back, Front, Side) - I have applied a light to the front on 80% intensity - and there are no floors/sky or other backgrounds in this.




I absolutely love this - it looks real! If only I could have the ITV font...
This looks much more professional than using the 2D version - at least I can rotate around the entire space with this. Thanks to Matt from the AV suite for suggesting to make my own version - there really is no such word as can't.

Will upload the animations when Vimeo starts working - I pay for it so I should get some sort of reply soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment