Tuesday 22 May 2012

E4 Proposal: Lord of The Rings

This is an idea I will propose as I am not sure how to appropriately animate the ring. Although I just love how authentic it looks. Here's how I made it, I took a cylinder primitive, and took off the caps to give a ring shape.
Then I applied a metal material to it, and played around with the settings of colours to achieve a gold colour, then I wanted a brush effect so had to adjust a variety of settings within the material layer to achieve this. For the text, I downloaded some elfish script in order to wrap it around the object, I inverted the colours so they became white, adjusted the offset and scale and gave it the engraved look.

The sheer time I have spent 'trial and error'-ing I didn't leave enough time to animate. But I do know how I would want it to look.








No comments:

Post a Comment