Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 04 - Final Boards












Evaluation:


The E4 brief was great fun to work on, it’s work I can look at and smile, I enjoyed it from start to finish. From researching to the designing part, although I must say rendering can be extremely tedious.

The brief really came together when I added the sound to the motion graphics, it really rounded it off and made it seem more credible. It is something I can imagine seeing on E4, I might enter the next E-Sting competition.

For this brief I had to learn Cinema 4D, it was the only way I could get the look I was going for, which isn’t achievable in After Effects. It was a challenge, but that made me all the more determined to learn. After my previous module, my tutor told me, he felt my ideas were being held back by my software skills, therefore this module, I have done everything that I wanted to do, even doing proposals in cases that may have been slightly more tricky. The Lord of The Ring E4 ident was a proposal, as I was running out of time, and was finding it hard to animate the ring suitably, which is a shame as I love how authentic the ring looks, it almost looks like the exact ring.

I liked the broadness of this brief, I had my motion deliverables, packaging an event and printed material. The printed material I didn’t actually print as I am not sure I could achieve the look as the ideas were doing in Cinema 4D, so they were in 72 dpi and RGB, even when you change it in Photoshop it isn’t exactly the same. The popcorn packaging I did make, but it got damaged in my final crit, some kind of splash marks appeared on it, so I photographed it for the boards.


No comments:

Post a Comment