Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 03 - Final Boards


Evaluation:

Another fantastic brief I thoroughly enjoyed working on, in terms of evaluative points, this will be similar to E4 evaluation. I enjoyed learning Cinema 4D and pushing myself to learn a new piece of software in order to get the effect I was looking for. I know there would have been no way I could have achieved this refined, three dimensional look in After Effects. It was great to see the ideas going from my terrible storyboards, to some bright and colourful motion graphics, how I imagined them in my had is exactly how my final products looked, this has never happened in a motion brief before, normally I say, ‘Well I would have liked it to look like this but…’ What is shown in my final graphics is exactly the look and pace I was going for. I am not sure I pushed the brief in terms of deliverables but then I thought to myself, ‘Why am I wanting to do prints? This work is for screen and that’s where it should stay.’ However, I would say it’s still a substantial brief due to the time that went into the project. Its great the amount of control one can have in Cinema 4D, my first board, my Brief/Concept page has the high impact grass image with the ITV2 logo. There are 24,900 pieces of grass in that area. You can control length, width, their gravity, which way they lean, how they behave in different conditions, lighting. With Cinema 4D it is so much more than creating a single image, you are crafting a world. There are lighting conditions, camera angles etc. to consider. It is a beautiful yet technical world. When I look at the motion work I did last year, I cannot believe this work belongs to me. Last years work is the equivalent of one of the paintings you did at nursery which you did when you were 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment