Tuesday 29 May 2012

Brief 02 - Final Boards



                          Open publication - Free publishing - More design

Evaluation:


The St Martins brief has been a challenge for Maya and myself from day one, and not always a healthy challenge. The first part of the challenge was to win the pitch, which initially the client should have picked the successful pitch, this didn’t happen, and Maya and I were still pitching in April. Three months to pitch one logo isn’t healthy. This put Maya and I quite far behind with our deadlines, and we were beginning to worry. In the end we decided to speak to Camilla after we had handed in as it was becoming an issue, a few tutors also noticed this.

I am really glad Maya and I were picked for this brief, it would have been devastating to not be picked after  4 months of pitching, which made it unfair for the other person who was competing for the pitch. I know life’s not fair, but 4 months of pitching to then be told your idea isn’t being used is rather unfair.

It was hard to ‘design’ for this brief as once we had the initial logo, the NHS guidelines were that strict, some of the deliverables just felt like we had ‘stuck’ the logo on, but we didn’t even make the decision of where it could be placed, it was from the guidelines. I had some freedom with my app, but I tried to keep that corporate feel, I think this is was a really good idea, and I am glad I carried it through.

In terms of working with a partner, I think Maya and I made a great team. We get on really well which means we are able to comfortably say what we feel without affecting our friendship and professional relationship. It’s funny how one of my first ever projects at Leeds College of Art was a partnership with Maya, and one of my last ever college projects is with Maya.


I think my boards represent our work well, and successfully communicate the ideas we have worked with. I was going to do a concept development board, but I felt that the final ideas were more important than the development, which I think we would rather forget now as it was stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment