Tuesday 8 May 2012

Fine Art Yearbook Update

After speaking to Mike, it was pointed out all of the images in the InDesign document were RGB. Therefore the images needed to have their colour mode changed to CMYK - originally this was going to be done in pairs but as I have been working in another area of the college, the others managed to do it without me.

The images also needed to be resized in Photoshop as apparently they had been tampered with after I spent the full day resizing images before Easter - this made me annoyed as I spent a long time doing this and explained many times never to scale photos in InDesign. I felt like I had wasted my time, and another problem was caused due to the group not listening.

The images also needed to be changed to TIFFs which in our very first Fine Art meeting I requested TIFFs only, but the group went against me and said JPEGs would be fine, even after explaining why JPEGs are problematic with a project like this I was ignored.

****

The book is nearly ready, the flyers need text which I am sending to Kirsty as she will use the grid from the Yearbook to keep the consistency and colours the same.

The final leaflet design - due to Sheila previously mentioning she liked the yellow pattern:



A final proof read from management has to be done, followed by a final proof read from the Graphic Design and Fine Art Yearbook team - then the sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment