Wednesday 22 February 2012

ITV Environment

Before I start designing my ideas, I wanted to see if it was possible to create my 3D environment in Cinema 4D - hence learning it now. After playing around, I know I will probably use Cinema 4D which gives me more freedom for my ideas, and I can be more experimental.

The brief states, the ident must feature in a 'white world with gloss' - which is what I have been working on today.

The exact kind of white I want - but more gloss, I need to change the settings.


Exact kind of gloss I am after, only this is grey!


Showing placement of my object before rendering - I have only used the object to highlight the strength of reflection/shadow, without an object, we would just see a white space.

This is looking better, only I feel the shadow needs to be toned down. This can be altered in the settings.

This looks better, although I will experiment with moving the light to a different location to see how the shadow is affected.

The shadow here looks a bit strange, I will leave the light in its original coordinates.

This will be an ideal setting for my ident.

Below shows the settings I have to work with to achieve the desired effect.


I have used this white plastic-glossy material for the object and the floor, as I envisioned it would give me the desired effect. I used a clear glass for the environment as this is a highly reflective surface.


I like how the sphere works in this image, although without the shadow it looks a bit strange.


Showing the floor in which my sphere is placed.


I quite like this environment, a white-glossy plastic again, but the cube just appears with no reflection or shadow giving it a ghost-like presence. The light reflection is quite visible here, it would need to be moved further away from the floor to prevent this.


No comments:

Post a Comment