Wednesday 29 February 2012

Youth Charity Logo Research

Not keen on this logo at all, apart from the fact its extremely pixelated, it seems really unbalanced and a bit wishy washy. Why is there a swoosh with angled corners and straight lines? Why are the lines of the people wobbly? A logo, specifically for youths needs to show stability and strength. That colour red also symbolises danger to me, not a charity that can help.



This is for the red cross in Singapore. I am not keen on the composition in terms of where the cross and Singapore is placed, this could look better if moved to the end for example. The choice of typeface for 'youth' does seem youthful as it is like a stroke from a paintbrush. I think the tone of blue is slightly loud and garish.



This logo seems rather corporate. The colour scheme works and communicates the location strongly, I guess the 'y' has quite a playful element to it which gives it a youthful appearance. The type choice seems suitable for the logo, its simple, legible and bold.


If this had a bit of refinery this could be effective. The overall visual communicates youth, especially the type face which is rather awful. Comic Sans should be banned. The multi-coloured fill with a different colour stroke doesn't really work. I think the positioning of the text could be in a better place. I like the vector image of the person jumping up, I think this works really well.



The typeface gives this a youthful feel and the fact its on an angle. The colour choice is rather odd, but strangely enough it works. The orange of the text binds together the other colours and softens the contrast.


I don't like this logo, the colour scheme doesn't work, the type choice doesn't seem appropriate and the blue splash looks more like a dolphin.The figures look rather scary, but I can see they are trying to represent energetic, lively young people.


This is quite a clever use of shapes to build letterforms YST, the colours and the white remind me of another sporting logo, for the Baseball Association. Without the type at the bottom I wouldn't actually have guessed it stood for YST. Especially with the S being like it is. Again, I can see where they have tried to go with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment